"We developed the Block Party program with members of the community over five years ago when we saw a need for a more impactful way for local business owners and Daniel Island consumers to become better acquainted. We've held more than 50 sell out events now and the feedback continues to be that this is one of the most effective networking forums in Charleston. As Vice President of DIBA, I couldn't be more proud of what this organization has accomplished and the creative way we all support one another. I have watched new businesses flourish on the island and existing businesses grow. What we're doing is making a difference. Together, we strengthen this wonderful community."
- Deanna Bologna, Owner, Daniel Island Life Magazine | VP, The Daniel Island Business Association
See what DIBA has been up to!
The Daniel Island Business Association is dedicated to facilitating networking opportunities and exposure for local professionals and business owners who work or live on Daniel Island. We want to foster unity and goodwill among all businesses and make Daniel Island a great place to live, work, shop, dine, and play!
Daniel Island is a vibrant and unique community. DIBA makes it easier for residents and professionals alike to meet, greet, and make more valuable connections on Daniel Island. We do this by:
- Hosting monthly Block Parties open to the members, DI neighbors and special guests
- Promoting involvement with island events and activities
- Providing a forum for business owners to share ideas, problems, and successes
- Coordinating diverse speaking engagements covering a wide range of topics
- Promoting healthy relationships among fellow business owners
- Making the public aware of local businesses invested in our island community, specifically our DIBA Member Businesses
"I have been a member of the Daniel Island Business Association for over 13 years and have found it extremely valuable in meeting and doing business with a large portion of the membership. I have made friends and business relationships because the organization and consistently generate referrals and new business from the monthly block parties and connectivity of the membership. As Daniel Island grows, I want to grow along with it, and the Daniel Island Business Association is a great way to stay connected and generate new business from the residential and business community" - Pete Harper, Lee & Associates